Canoe & Kayak Rentals
Explore the waterways of the Bow Valley, Including 40 Mile Creek, Vermillion Lakes and the Bow River.
Canoeing is as Canadian as maple syrup and a must do activity while you visit Banff. You can meet at the canoe docks, only 5 minutes walk from downtown Banff. Every rental begins with basic instruction and safety tips before putting into the water. Our address is on the corner of Wolf Street and Bow Avenue on the Bow River.
Our boat house also has a supply of snacks, drinks and souvenirs to make your canoe or kayak adventure that much more enjoyable.
- Canoe or kayak (first hour): $36.00 per boat
- Additional hour: $20.00
- First come first served for rentals
- Early season hours: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- High Season hours: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Where to meet:
- The Canoe Docks
- Corner of Wolf Street and Bow Avenue
Itinerary and Highlights:
- Explore 40 Mile Creek, Vermillion Lakes and Bow River
Your rental includes:
- Dryland instruction
- Life jackets
- Throw bag and bailing bucket
- Safety whistle
Remember to bring:
- Clothes for the weather of the day
- Long pants
- Dress for the weather
- Remember your camera!
- Maximum 3 adults per canoe
- Or 2 adults and 2 children
- Minors may not rent canoes/kayaks unless accompanied by a parent or guardian